The Online Roulette Terms that are used at River Belle Online Casino are no different to the Roulette terminology used in casinos across the world. They are easy to understand and in many cases have not changed for hundreds of years. We’ve added them here so that new players can have a better understanding of what they mean. We encourage new players to print out the Roulette Terminology Dictionary below and use it when playing.
Roulette Terminology Dictionary
American Online Roulette
– A version of Online Roulette that has a 38 pocket roulette wheel (numbered 1 to 36) as-well-as 2 zero pockets of 0 and 00.
European Online Roulette
– The most profitable version of Roulette with a 37 pocket wheel numbered 1 to 36 with one 0 pocket.
5 number Bet
- Played in American roulette against 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3.
A Layout Bet
- A bet anywhere on the numbers of the table.
A Cheval Bet
– A split bet.
An En Plein Bet
– A straight up bet.
A Sixainne Bet
- A six line bet.
– A single game.
A Split Bet
- A bet on 2 numbers.
A Street Bet (also called a Transversale)
- A bet on 3 numbers.
A Six Line Bet
- A bet on 6 numbers.
A Column Bet
- One of the 3 strips on the outside. Payout 2:1
A Corner Bet (also called aCarré Bet)
- A 4 number bet. 8:1 payout.
A Dozen Bet
- An outside bet that the ball will land on 1-12, or 13-24 or 25-36.
An Even/Odd Bet –
- Bet on whether an even result or an odd.
A High/Low Bet
– Either high numbers (19-36) or low numbers (1-18).
An Inside Bet
– A bet anywhere on the numbers in the roulette layout.
An Outside Bet
- Any bet that is not a number bet, e.g red, black, odd, even, high, low etc.
- The winning amount paid by the house (casino) to the player. Also refers to the Online Roulette or house edge. A higher payout means a lower house edge.
A Straight-up Bet
- A bet on one number. Pays 35:1.
A Trio Bet
- A bet on the result being one of three possible numbers.
Voisins du Zero (Neighbors of Zero)
- A bet on a group of numbers adjacent to the zero.